Meet report from Brenda Day
The 13th Australian Masters Games were held in Adelaide on 7-16 October 2011.
The new S.A. State Aquatic Centre is world class with two 50 metre, 10 lane pools and ideally located at Oaklands Park which is 8km from Adelaide Airport. The pool is just a short walk from the metro station and the Adelaide transport system is very efficient. The Masters Swimming 37th National Championships will be held at the pool from14-17 April 2012.
Brenda Day, our single Viking who competed, swam in the maximum seven events at the Masters Games and achieved a total of three gold medals and four silver medals!
- 50m Backstroke (2nd place)
- 400m Individual Medley (1st place)
- 800m Freestyle (2nd place)
- 200m Individual Medley (1st place)
- 100m Backstroke (2nd place)
- 400m Freestyle (1st place)
- 200m Backstroke (2nd place)
A great test of the new Aquatic Centre, which bodes well for the National Championships in 2012!
Full results are available.